College funding is hard to arrange for most of the students and when it comes to a deserving and poor female student to afford higher studies then it becomes even more complicated. And that is why many organizations sponsor scholarships for women in order to support deserving and talented female students for higher studies. But finding a scholarship specifically for women was not always easy. However, nowadays, many prestigious colleges and universities offer scholarships for women across the globe.
Nevertheless, they come with all sorts of criteria; just being a woman won’t be enough for you to get a scholarship. The requirements differ depending upon the type of scholarship, country of scholarship, your degree program, or college or university, etc. and may range from your academic performance, leadership skills, age, sports achievements, attachment to a certain community or being a part of any minority and more.
List of Scholarships for Women:
Looking for an international scholarship for women? We have got you covered. Below, we have put together a complete list of the most trusted providers of international scholarships for women:
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) provides seven various sorts of fellowships and grants to women across the globe, including:
- American Fellowships; offered to women who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.,
- International Fellowships; offered to women from other countries around the world,
- Selected Professionals Fellowships; offered to women who are pursuing a master’s degree in the U.S. in the fields of engineering, computer science, mathematics and architecture.
The Schlumberger Foundation is a non-profit organization that offers support to women who wants to pursue an education in science and technology. Its Faculty for the Future flagship program grants fellowships to female students from emerging economies or developing countries, for Ph.D. or post-doctorate in the fields of science, mathematics, engineering and technology at universities across the world. Candidates are chosen on the basis if leadership ability and scientific knowledge, with scholarship amount, decided on the basis of total costs; for instance, it may be up to 50,000 USD annually.
The International Scholarship for Women (ISW) will be granted to the women for full-time research or study. At recognized Canadian or U.S. institutes, both graduates, as well as postgraduate educations, are supported under this scholarship sponsored by SheBegan Women’s Magazine. Since 1998, international Scholarship for Women (ISW) has been existing. The international scholarship for women (ISW) program offers sponsorship for women studying full-time graduate, undergraduate, or postdoctoral programs in the U.S.A. The full education funding grants are offered to the women of all countries other than Iran, to study in U.S. Universities and exemption for the women, those are ISW institution members.
PEOP International was established in the year 1869 and currently offers six different projects to women in order to help them pursue further education.
- The PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund; offers scholarships to women who reside in any part of the world except the U.S. and Canada, and enables them to pursue graduate=level education in either U.S. or Canada.
- The PEO Program for Continuing Education; it offers need-based awards of approximately 3000 USD to women who reside in the U.S. or Canada, and were not able to continue their studies due to any financial reasons.
- The PEO STAR Scholarship; it offers grants to women who wish to pursue undergraduate or doctorate education.
The Margaret McNamara Education Grants provide scholarships to women who are 25 years of age or above and are studying in either U.S. or Canada or certain institutions in Latin America and South Africa. Candidates ought to be from a lower or middle-level income developing country, and should be able to show that they will be dedicated to enhancing the standard of life of women and children, and be from Zonta International
Zonta International is dedicated to the promotion of women’s rights, well-being, and overall professional status, and currently provides two types of scholarships.
- The Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship; Annual scholarship grants offered to women who are pursuing an undergraduate or master degree in business management; however, the candidates ought to be members of the Zonta club, and scholarships often range from 2000 USD for national students and 8000 USD for international students.
- The Amelia Earhart Fellowship; A grant awarded to women across the globe, who are pursuing a Ph.D. in the field of aerospace and usually worth 10,000 USD.
Women Techmakers Scholars Program by Google offers scholarships to female students who are pursuing education in the fields of computer science or technology, at both undergraduate or graduate level. This scholarship is offered to women across the world and usually worth approximately 10,000 USD. The candidates are accessed on the basis of their academic performance and leadership ability. Moreover, selected candidates are invited to any one of Google’s regional offices, and are involved in various seminars, workshops, social activities, etc.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Programme offers five international awards to women who are involved in post-doctoral research in the field of life sciences at any university or research institute in the U.K. or Ireland. Each scholarship is worth approximately 15000£. The goal of this scholarship is to enable young researchers to develop their skills and expertise, by working at any one of the leading research institutes in their home country.
1000 Dreams Scholarship Fund is granted by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation and offers financial assistance of 1000 USD to women who are pursuing education at a high school or university. This is a one-time scholarship and is granted on the basis of need. This ward does not cover tuition fees or living expenses but only aims to provide access to the sources of education; for instance; it funds the expenses regarding textbooks, educational conferences or seminars, exam fees etc.
Source & PC: Scholarship.com