Sample Cover/ Invitation Letters for Visa Purposes

A must-have requirement for most Visa Applications, especially Schengen Visa is the Cover Letter and in some cases Invitation Letter. I see a number of people asking for samples or draft copies of the same. To begin with, this letter marks your first impression and can contribute to an accepted or rejected Visa Status.

folder-with-documents-visa-passport_151013-17171

Here, I have shared some sample letters, based on most common scenarios. I have tried to use various formats in each case. Feel free to mix and match i.e. you can choose any format and incorporate the content from another letter.

Invitation Letter for family members/ friends visiting (Tourism purposes)
Invitation Letter for parents/ family members visiting (Birth purposes)
Invitation Letter for Family Reunion Visa (FRV) Application
Cover Letter for Visit Visa
Cover Letter for Long Term Student Visa
Cover Letter for Work/ Employment Visa (National D type Visa)

Note:

• Remember to tweak the letters according to your situation. Italicized words are pointers.
  • Feel free to add any information that will support your application, but don’t go overboard. Stick to the point.
  • Note that names mentioned in the letters, should be as per the Passports.
  • Also ensure that date of visit should match with those in the Sponsorship Letter/ Declaration of Commitment (verpflichtserklärung), if applicable.
  • There is no approved or right format. These are just samples.
  • Please recheck the list of documents to be attached/ submitted with each visa application. They may differ from case to case. The details mentioned here are just a draft version and not actual.

Invitation Letter for family members/ friends visiting (Tourism purposes)

Most common reason for Visa Applications. Here Sender refers to the person/s who are inviting another family member or friend/s.

…
5 June 2021 (Date)

Arjun Sharma (Sender’s Name)
ABC Strasse (Sender’s Address)
12345, Germany

+49 123456789 (Sender’s Phone No.)
asharma@gmail.com (Sender’s Email Address)

The Visa Officer
Consulate General of Germany
Bangalore/ Mumbai/ New Delhi, India

Dear Sir/Madam

I, Mr/ Mrs. Arjun Sharma, currently residing at mention address and a citizen/permanent resident/ resident of Germany would like to invite my brother/ friend, Mr. Aakash Sharma to visit me for 3 weeks from September 1, 2021 to September 21, 2021.

During this period, we will be visiting Berlin, Frankfurt etc.etc. (mention details of planned trips). In addition to this, we have planned to do a three day trip to France as well, from specify dates.

During his visit I will be accommodating him at my residence and will be taking care of all his expenses including return flight ticket, boarding & lodging, living expenses, medical insurance and other personal expenses if any.

I am a full time employee of XYZ GmbH. I personally assure that my brother/ friend will return to India before the expiration of his authorized stay in Germany.

I have enclosed the following documents in support of the visit visa application of my brother/ friend

• Passport copy and Resident Permit
  • Declaration of Commitment in original
  • Proof of relationship (you can attach pictures of events together or other supporting documents)
  • Proof of Travel and Accommodation in France
  • Proof of return to home country (employment contract, property ownership, lease agreement, etc.)

Please feel free to contact me for any further information or documents.

Thanking you and looking forward to your kind assistance in granting the necessary visit visa to my brother/friend.

Yours sincerely

Note:

• If you are inviting a friend, you may add statements like " Aakash and I have been friends since school days. We both love mention common interests, activities eg. travelling, scuba diving. This has led to us to develop a close relationship and we have stayed in touch ever since.
  • In case you are not the sponsor, edit para 3 from the letter with " As per our agreement, during his stay, Aakash will be taking care of all his financial expenses such as flight ticket, medical insurance, tourism expenses and others."
  • If you are inviting your parents, you may add statements such as " It has been 5 years since I moved to Germany and have been eagerly waiting for my parents to visit me. I want to show them the life I have built here and look forward to the time we can spend together."

Invitation Letter for parents/ family members visiting (Birth purposes)

This is a very common situation when people invite their parents or other family members for help and support during the birth of a child. The below sample letter is considering this case. Here Sender refers to the person/s who are inviting the parent or other family member.

…

5 June 2021 (Date)

Abigail D Souza (Sender’s Name)
ABC Strasse (Sender’s Address)
12345, Germany

+49 123456789 (Sender’s Phone No.)
abigail@gmail.com (Sender’s Email Address)

The Visa Officer
Bangalore/ Mumbai/ New Delhi, India

Dear Sir/Madam

I, Mr/ Mrs. Abigail D Souza along with my husband, Rohan D Souza, wish to invite my parent/s to visit us during October 20, 2021 for 3 months. We are expecting a baby soon (Due date: November 13, 2021) and look forward to their support during this time.

During their visit I will be accommodating them at our residence and we will be taking care of all their expenses including return flight ticket, boarding & lodging, living expenses, medical insurance and other personal expenses if any.

I am a full time employee of XYZ GmbH and my husband is a full time employee of ABCDE GmbH. We personally assure that my parents will return to India before the expiration of their authorized stay in Germany.

We have enclosed the following documents in support of the visit visa application of my parents

Invitation letter
Formal Obligation in original
Passport Copy and Resident Permit
Employment Letter and Pay Slips for last 3 months
Bank Statement for the last 3 months
Doctor’s Certificate and Copy of Medical Records (Mutterpass)

Please feel free to contact us for any further information or documents.

Thank you

We look forward to your kind assistance in granting the necessary visit visa to my parent/s.

Yours sincerely

Invitation Letter for Family Reunion Visa (FRV) Application

From,

Name as in Passport
Local address as per residence permit
E-Mail id.
Contact number

To,

The Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
Bangalore/ Mumbai/ New Delhi , India

Dear Sir/Mdam.

I, Mr. Xxx wish to invite my wife xxx and child/ren xxx to live with me in Germany. I am currently working in xxx (Company’s Name) as xxx (Position held). I am a full time employee and have a long term contract with mention Company.

We got married on xxxxx(Marriage date) at xxxxx (place) as per the Hindu Marriage Act. I would like to invite my wife and child/ren to join me to continue our family life together in Germany. While in Germany, I will be responsible for all the expenses incurred by my family.

I hereby assure that my family will conduct themselves in accordance with the rules and regulations of the local administration (Federal Republic of Germany) during their stay and that they will leave the country before the expiry of their visa.

I have attached below documents for your kind reference

1.Salary Slips of 3 months and Bank Statement
2. Passport Copies
3. Blue Card/ Residence Permit Copy
4. Insurance Copies
5. Accommodation Agreement
6. Employment Contract.

I have also attached my financial status in India(bank statement, fd/mutualfund/shares/ house property (mention just the documents attached to show your financial Identity, This is optional)

I request you to kindly grant my wife and child/ren the family reunion visa.

Truly,
Mr. Xxx

Date:
Place: Germany.

Cover Letter for Visit Visa

This is the case wherein you want to visit a country for tourism purposes. You don’t have any family or friends living there and hence an invitation letter is out of the question.

…
Date

EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF FRANCE

Applicant’s Address

Subject: Applicant’s Name , Indian Passport No: XXXXXX, Schengen Visa for Tourism Purpose

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to apply for a Schengen visa to visit France, Italy and Belgium from mention travel dates. I am traveling alone and the main reason why I want to visit the aforementioned countries is tourism.

I have great interest in learning about new cultures and am very fascinated with European architecture. I would like to visit the classical art museums including the Louvre and monuments like the Eiffel Tower, Lascaux’s ancient cave drawings, Lyon’s Roman theatre and the vast Palace of Versailles among other magnificent sites. mention other details of planned visit

I am employed at name of company/ organization since March 2015 as Digital Marketing Manager. My employer has approved my leave application given me a No Objection Certificate for my trip, which you will find enclosed. I will be financing my own trip, and I have also enclosed proof that I have the necessary financial means to cover my stay.

Following documents have also been attached to support my visa application:

• Application form with photos
  • Roundtrip flight ticket confirmation (Flight Reservation/Flight Itinerary for Visa)
  • Proof of accommodation
  • Proof of employment (No Objection Letter)
  • Travel Medical Insurance policy
  • Detailed itinerary

I trust that you will find everything in order. For any further information, please contact me anytime.

Thanking you in advance for the favorable response to my visa application.

Sincerely,

Cover Letter for Long Term Student Visa

Date

The Visa Officer,
Consulate General of France

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Sub: Request for French Schengen Student Visa for self (Passport No*** :……. ***)

I Applicant’s Name, would like to submit my application for long term Student visa along with this letter. I have been admitted to University Name in the Course Title program for the Summer/Winter semester in the year 2022.

The duration of the program is 2 years from August 2021 to July 2023, with 20 weekly hours of instruction, not counting compulsory professional experience. mention other details as per your course

I have a scholarship of mention details of amount and from where . My father will be sponsoring a part of my total expenses, and I have taken an education loan for the remaining amount. If applicable

I want to pursue a masters degree to form a comprehensive understanding of business. Masters in…………… would give me international exposure and an opportunity to plunge into diverse European cultures and would help me develop a global perspective. *University Name * has a rich legacy and has been ranked consistently among the best business schools for the Masters in … program. I want to explore the career of an mention possible job positions after my graduation.

As mentioned in the checklist, please find the following documents to support my visa application enclosed herewith:

• Passport No: …………
  • Long stay visa application form
  • OFII attestation
  • Admission letter from the school
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • Original + Copy of latest degree / diploma
  • Expenses Statement + Proof of financial means
  • Campus France letter with registration number (for long stay visa)
  • Travel insurance for the first three months
  • Air ticket booking
  • Accommodation proof for first 6 months

I trust you will find everything is in order, but please feel free to contact me should you need any additional details or documents. I hope my application will find a favorable response, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and Regards

Cover Letter for Work/ Employment Visa

Date

The Visa Officer,

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Sub: Request for National D Visa for self (Passport No*** :……. ***)

I Applicant’s Name, would like to submit my application for Work Visa (National D type) along with this letter. I have been offered a job from ABC Company GmbH and am expected to join in the month of August 2021.

I have completed my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering from ABC University in the year 2013. Thereafter. I have been working as a developer since 2014, and have a total of 7 years of experience in the IT Industry. My main areas of expertise are frontend development, backend development, software architecture and build automation.

I am a highly motivated individual and always on the look out for new challenges. I researched that there is a strong demand for experienced developers in Germany and this led me to search for a suitable job opportunity in Germany. My skills and experience helped me receive a job offer from ABC Company GmbH and I look forward to joining the company soon.

Please find the bellow mentioned documents in support of my visa application.

• Visa application form
  • Valid passport
  • Biometric photos
  • Proof of your qualifications and any occupation practice permits
  • Employment contract or binding job offer
  • Detailed job description
  • Proof of finances (such as bank statements or pay slips)

I trust you will find everything is in order. Please feel free to contact me should you need any additional details or documents. I hope my application will find a favorable response, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Best Regards