A must-have requirement for most Visa Applications, especially Schengen Visa is the Cover Letter and in some cases Invitation Letter. I see a number of people asking for samples or draft copies of the same. To begin with, this letter marks your first impression and can contribute to an accepted or rejected Visa Status.
Here, I have shared some sample letters, based on most common scenarios. I have tried to use various formats in each case. Feel free to mix and match i.e. you can choose any format and incorporate the content from another letter.
Invitation Letter for family members/ friends visiting (Tourism purposes)
Invitation Letter for parents/ family members visiting (Birth purposes)
Invitation Letter for Family Reunion Visa (FRV) Application
Cover Letter for Visit Visa
Cover Letter for Long Term Student Visa
Cover Letter for Work/ Employment Visa (National D type Visa)
- Remember to tweak the letters according to your situation. Italicized words are pointers.
- Feel free to add any information that will support your application, but don’t go overboard. Stick to the point.
- Note that names mentioned in the letters, should be as per the Passports.
- Also ensure that date of visit should match with those in the Sponsorship Letter/ Declaration of Commitment (verpflichtserklärung), if applicable.
- There is no approved or right format. These are just samples.
- Please recheck the list of documents to be attached/ submitted with each visa application. They may differ from case to case. The details mentioned here are just a draft version and not actual.