Cost of Living in UK- An Indian Perspective with Q and A

As an Indian travelling to a new land clueless can be challenging, especially to adapt to the local food culture. We always look for Roti or Sambhar (on another post to find your groceries) you know what I mean! Lets jump into the topic…
We all travel overseas hoping to save some money to send back home and keep the family happy. But the question you ask yourself is

1. How much it is going to cost me?
  2. What are my expenses if I take my family?
  3. How should I save?

On this post we are going to answer or provide you a rough estimate on question 1.

Rent?
Council Tax?
Electricity?
Gas?
Water?
Internet?

Finding a house to rent is task no.1
Rightmove the biggest online platform to find rental house or if you prefer to buy has curated the data in a nice chart saving me loads of time :wink: It is what it is, you can find the average rents based upon your work location.

London asking rents hit record high as available properties dwindle

• Average asking rents in London rose to an all-time high by the end of 2018, surpassing the previous peak from almost three years ago in Q1 2016:
    • Asking rents in the capital are now increasing at an annual rate not seen since Q1 2015
    • Compared with this time last year, available rental stock in London is down 22%
  • Nationally outside London, there are 10% fewer rental properties marked available compared to this time last year
  • Rightmove predicts that asking rents will rise by 3% outside London, and 4% in London in 2019
  • Hertford saw the largest rise in demand from tenants over the past year outside London, while East Ham has seen the biggest increase in demand in London

courtesy: Rightmove.